Sunday, January 24, 2021

REFLECTION #1


           This year has certainly been different from others. We have all made our sacrifice. But thanks to those sacrifices we have been given an opportunity. For the students that go to Santa Maria high school now have a chance to learn another way. I am one of  those students. This program offers me a way to make learning exciting and interesting to me. It lets me connect my boring regular high school classes to things that I want to do in life. I can still learn the basic classes but I can also learn a lot more. 


        For starters we are about one week into the program. I can say it has been easier to get in contact with my teacher and ask questions. Before I was needed to email multiple teachers and which they wouldn't reply when I needed them to. Also before I was needed to wake up at different times every morning. My sleep scheduled was often messed up. That when it came to the end of the week my body felt sore and my head felt like it was over worked. I always felt like after I got one assignment done there was a pile waiting for me. 

        I have always wanted to learn Korean. I've been fascinated with there culture and language ever sense I was a little girl. In high school you need two years of foreign language at the regulars high school classes they only offer Spanish or French. But with this program I can learn Korean and it counts. I get to do something I enjoy and still get the credits I need to pass high school 

        Another thing I wanted to try was coding. I was always fascinated by the way computers worked. I one day want to be able to fix my own computer and not have to pay lot of money for it. Coding was interesting to me. In a way coding is math. I can learn coding and math because they go hand in hand.

        Engineering teaches me math and physics. I need to know slope and algebra so solve how of a material I need or how much space there is. In engineering its problem solving just like math. Your given a difficult situation and now you need to solve it. With math to solve a problem you need to use numbers and with engineering you use materials. 

        I also wanted to do student exchange. This year I wanted to go to South Korea. When I go there I will learn about there culture and there way of life. I will learn there history. Like how they are still at war with North Korea. Koreans have such a different way of living than us and I want to experience that.  

Overall I fell like this program gives me the opportunities that I need to accomplish my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EVERYTHING IS A REMIX

I really liked the video and I was shocked to how much it was true. Now that I look back on it I realized so much was a remix of some thing ...